IPTV apps can be installed on any smart device that has an internet connection being the only requirement. Apart from Android smartphones and Firestick devices, you can install and stream IPTV videos on PlayStation gaming consoles too. With the Plex app, you can stream IPTV on PS4 and PS3. In PlayStation, you can install additional apps from the Microsoft Store.
The limitation with the PlayStation is that there are no IPTV apps available in the Microsoft Store. To stream IPTV on PlayStation, you must use both the Plex Media Server and the Plex Media Player app. Streaming IPTV with Plex on PS4 and PS3 is a long and tedious process. Follow the steps carefully to get an IPTV provider on PS3 and PS4.
Need for a VPN to Stream IPTV on PS4 & PS3
While IPTV lets you stream almost anything, it might attract legal issues. It is because not all IPTVs are legal and include the streaming rights for every other content. To avoid copyright infringement issues, one should use the best VPN while streaming IPTV. Also, it will help unblock the location-specific services and content. So, you can let enjoy streaming almost everything without any limitations. For uninterrupted streaming, the users shall get the premium services like ExpressVPN or IPVanish on PS4 or PS3.
Requirements to Add IPTV on PlayStation 3 and 4
Before you know how to add IPTV to Plex on PlayStation, you need some preliminary requirements.
- PC – Windows or Mac
- IPTV Plugin
- Notepad++ app
- Plex app
- Plex account
How to Install Plex Media Server on PC
(1) On your Windows or Mac PC, go to the Plex website.
(2) Hover over to Your Media and click the Download Plex button.
(3) Click the Download button that corresponds to Plex Media Server. For Mac, choose Mac under Computer in the drop-down menu.
(4) Run the Plex extension file on your Windows or Mac PC.
(5) When the setup is successful, click the Launch button.
(6) It will direct you to the Plex website.
(7) Choose any one of the social media profiles for the sign-in process.
(8) Now, click the Got It button.
(9) Rename the server and click the Next button. Next, tick the checkout box Allow me to access my media outside my home.
How to Setup Plex Media Server on PC
(1) Now, minimize the Plex tab and download the IPTV plugin from your provider.
(2) Extract the IPTV plugin to the location C:/ users/ ”yourPCname”/ AppData/ Local/ Plex Media Server/ Plug-ins.
(3) In the extracted file, open the Contents folder.
(4) Install the Notepad++ app on your PC from the website.
(5) On the Contents folder, locate the Info file and open the file using Notepad++.
(6) Search for this line of code
(7) Replace the code with this one
(8) Save the file with those changes.
(9) Now, open the Resources folder and open the Playlist file with Notepad++.
(10) Save the file without making any changes.
(11) Go back to the extracted folder (IPTV.bundle-masters) and rename it to IPTV.bundle.
(12) After this, the IPTV provider videos will be synced to your Plex server account.
How to Install Plex Media Player to Stream IPTV on PS4 and PS3
(1) On your PlayStation console, open the Microsoft Store or the PlayStation Store.
(2) Navigate to the Search icon.
(3) The on-screen keyboard will appear. Type Plex and search for it.
(4) Select the Plex app from the list.
(5) Tap the Download button next to the Plex app.
(6) Open the Plex app on PS3 or PS4. It will display the activation code.
(7) Go to the Plex activation website and enter the code.
(8) Once linked, you can get to access all the live TV channels and on-demand content from your IPTV provider with Plex on PlayStation.
Note: Click on the link for detailed guidelines on how to watch IPTV on Plex using Plex IPTV.
How to Install IPTV on Other Devices
The following are the streaming devices to which you can add IPTV players and services.
- How to Get IPTV Player for Roku Streaming Device
- IPTV for LG Smart TV – How to Stream IPTV Videos
- How to Install IPTV on Hisense Smart TV
- IPTV on VIZIO Smart TV: How to Install and Stream
Without the Plex app, it is almost impossible to get IPTV on PS3 and PS4. Install the Plex Media Player app on PlayStation, set up the Plex Media Server on your PC, and stream IPTV videos. Furthermore, you shall learn to install IPTV on Xbox One and Xbox 360 gaming consoles.