IPTV is a new system where the signals are transferred through the internet instead of cables and satellites. That is similar to the OTT streaming apps like Netflix and Prime Video. IPTV is also creating a new trend in TV industries, thus offering a combination of hundreds of live channels and VoD content for a very cheap price or 100% free. Thus people need to pay for only the internet. In that lineup, Tvheadend IPTV is an open-source IPTV with excellent features.
Tvheadend IPTV is best for part-time streamers as it has only a few hundreds of live channels, but the movies and VoD sections have thousands of content. The IPTV app supports all kinds of operating systems and devices. All you need is an M3U URL to start using their service. You can get the M3U URL for free from the IPTV website for free.
Pros of a VPN when Streaming IPTV
We always recommend you use a VPN while accessing any IPTV services as you will get better streaming quality and also keeps you safe from illegal activities. Your internet history can be tracked by your ISPs, and if you use an IPTV that doesn’t have the proper license to stream the contents, then you might be in trouble. So use a VPN service like Tunnelbear VPN or ExpressVPN that protects your identity and also keeps your IP address safe by sending anonymous IP addresses to the trackers.
How to Stream Tvheadend IPTV on Smartphones
1. Install the GSE SMART IPTV on your smartphone.
2. Open the GSE SMART IPTV app and click the [+] icon.
3. Click M3U URL in the popup displayed.
4. In the Name field, give a name, and in the URL field, enter the Tvheadend IPTV‘s MEU URL. Then, click the Add button.
5. Wait for few seconds to load all the IPTV channels and contents on your smart devices.
6. Enjoy streaming IPTV content on your smartphones and tablets.
How to Watch Tvheadend IPTV on Firestick
GSE SMART IPTV is not available on the Amazon App Store for Firestick. We need to sideload the Android app to use the IPTV services. Navigate to Settings -> My Fire TV -> Developer options -> Apps from Unknown Sources -> Turn on.
1. Click the Magnifier (search) icon.
2. Type Downloader in the search box and click the OK button.
3. Select the Downloader app from the list of apps displayed.
4. Click the Get or Download button.
5. Tap Open to launch the Downloader app.
6. In the URL box, type the GSE SMART IPTV’s apk download https://bit.ly/3vgCpyk and click the Go button.
7. Download will start automatically.
8. In the popup, click Install to install the GSE SMART IPTV on Firestick.
9. Open the app and click the Plus icon.
10. Enter the IPTV URL and click Add button.
11. Start streaming your favorite TV channels on your TV.
How to Get Tvheadend IPTV on PC
1. Download and install the VLC media player on your PC.
2. Go to the Media tab and select Open Network Stream.
3. In the network URL box, enter the Tvheadend IPTV URL and click the Play button.
4. Now, VLC will connect to the IPTV, and it might take several minutes to load for the first time.
5. After loading is finished, stream IPTV videos on your PC.
How to Install Tvheadend IPTV on Kodi
1. Launch the Kodi app player and navigate to the TV section.
2. In the next screen, select the Enter add-on browser.
3. In the list of add-ons, scroll down and select PVR IPTV Simple Client.
4. In the PVR IPTV screen, click Install.
5. Click Configure after installation and click the General tab.
6. Now, tap the M3U Play List URL and enter your Tvheadend IPTV M3U URL and click the Enable button.
7. Again, click OK to close the dialog box. Now, tap the Enable button to add IPTV M3U URL to your Kodi app player.
8. Restart Kodi and start watching IPTV channels on Kodi.
TVheadedn IPTV app is available on Github, and there is no active customer support. But you can head over to the help section on the Github website to find a solution for your queries.
Thus, if you want an IPTV app that is open source and has regular updates with excellent streaming quality, then Tvheadend IPTV will be the best. Since the number of channels is low while comparing with other IPTVs, it is not recommended for binge-watchers. For more live TV channels, check out Gears Reloaded IPTV and Shack TV IPTV.